It's a big unknown for many and can certainly be boring but stretching is a tool that helps us prevent many months of injury and improve our body's flexibility.
Over the years we lose flexibility in our muscles. In the tendons we lose strength and flexibility. In the joints we lose lubrication capacity, not the same to have 20 or 70 years.
Stretching every day can help us to control the loss of muscle mass and greatly improve the joints, as well as giving us a pleasant feeling of peace and relaxation.
But don't just stretch in any old way because it can have the opposite effect.
Before you start stretching exercises in earnest, make sure you are doing them safely and effectively. Although you can stretch anytime, anywhere, make sure you use proper technique, and Bob Andersen's book "Stretching" is the bible for that. Read it carefully and if in doubt go to a physio for a few sessions to give you a lesson.
1. Don't do stretching exercises during the warm-up. You could injure yourself if you stretch cold muscles. Before stretching, warm up with light activity, such as walking, running, you need to activate with a short run, you can't "start cold your engine". You need to warm up the muscles a bit.
2. Try to do exercises that are related to your sport or physical activity, first very gently and then increasing the pace. Look in the book or encyclopedia for stretches related to your sport or ask your instructor.
3. You don't have to strive to be the "rubber man". The important thing is that you have a similar stretch in both parts of your body. If you notice too much difference between one side of the body and the other we advise you to go to your doctor and do not force.
4. Thighs, hips, lower back, shoulders, shoulders, neck... these are the basics that you should always exercise apart from your sport. Stretch both sides of your body
5. Remember that you can also stretch gently or do Yoga before going to sleep to help muscle and mental relaxation. Also soft anti-anxiety and sleeping pills that you can buy here and have at home in a few days can help you massively in the begginings.
6. Follow us on www.pharmalime.net but don't close the page and go to Netflix, really follow us and our advices and in 1 year you will be so happy that you will like to invite us to a beer. You will learn many free tips from doctor's and specialists to improve your health. And share the articles on your social media to help your friends 😃